Summit High School Boys Soccer
Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest – Official Rules
1. Eligibility: Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest is open to anyone who submits a guess in their payment through Venmo or purchases a guess opportunity in person. This giveaway is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and void where prohibited by law.
2. Sponsorship. The sponsor is SHS Boys Soccer, located at 2949 School Road, Breckenridge, C) 80424. The Sponsor will conduct the Contest substantially as described in these Official Rules.
3. Agreement to Rules: By entering this Contest, the Entrant (“You”) agrees to abide by the Sponsor’s Official Rules and decisions, which are fully and unconditionally binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right to refuse, withdraw, or disqualify any entry at any time at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. By entering this Contest you are eligible to participate based on eligibility requirements explained in the Official Rules. You also agree to accept the decisions of the Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest.
4. Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest Entry Period: This promotion begins on 8/19/22 at 3:45 PM and ends on 10/20/22 at 6 PM. To be eligible for the Contest, entries must be received within the specified Entry Period.
5. How to Enter: Eligible entrants can enter the Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest by submitting a guess in the comments of their Venmo transaction or purchasing a guess opportunity in person by writing it on their retained portion of their entry ticket.. As a participant, your entry must fully meet all Contest requirements, as specified in the Official Rules, in order to be eligible to win a prize. Incomplete entries or those that do not adhere to the Official Rules or specifications will be disqualified at the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prizes: There will be two winners of the Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest and the two winners (the “Winners”) will each receive one 2022/2023 Copper Mountain Ski Season Pass. The prize(s) shall be determined solely by the Sponsor. There shall be no cash or other prize substitution permitted except at the Sponsor’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. The Winner, upon acceptance of the prize, is solely responsible for all expenses related to the prize, including without limitation any and all local, state, and federal taxes. The Winner shall not request the cash equivalent or prize substitution.
7. Odds: The total number of eligible entries received determines the odds of winning.
8. Selection and Notification of Winner: The Winner will be selected by 1) the two people who guess the exact number of candies in the jar or 2) the two people guessing the closest, rounding up to the nearest number. If only one person guesses the exact number, the second winner will be the person who guessed the closest, rounding up. If more than two people guess the exact number, or no one guesses the exact number but more than two people guess the same number that’s closest to the winning number, the correct entries will be put into a bowl and two will be drawn at random. The Sponsor will notify the Winner(s) by private messaging, email, phone, etc. within 24 hours following Winner selection. The Sponsor is not responsible for nor shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to email security settings that may cause notifications to be marked as spam or junk email. Nor shall be Sponsor be liable for the Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winner 1) fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time the award notification was sent or 2) is found ineligible, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner may be selected. Receipt of the prize (offered in the Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest) by the Winner is upon the condition of compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. IF THE WINNER VIOLATES ANY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES, THE WINNER (AT THE SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL BE DISQUALIFIED, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
9. Terms & Conditions: In its sole discretion, the Sponsor reserves the right to modify, suspend, cancel, or terminate the Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest should non-authorized human intervention, a bug or virus, fraud, or other causes beyond the Sponsor’s control, impact or corrupt the security, fairness, proper conduct, or administration of the Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest. The Sponsor, in the event of any of the above issues, may determine the Winner based on all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Sponsor. Individuals who tamper with or attempt to tamper with the operation or entry process of the Contest or violates these Terms & Conditions will be disqualified by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. In its sole discretion, the Sponsor has the right to maintain the integrity of the Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest, to void votes for any reason. Attempts by any entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. If any such attempt is made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. Limitation of Liability: Your entry into this Candy Jar Guessing Game Contest constitutes Your agreement to release and hold harmless the Sponsor and its subsidiaries, representatives, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, successors, agents, assigns, directors, employees, and officers against and from any and all claims, liability, illness, injury, death, litigation, loss, or damages that may occur, directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest and/or the 1) Winner accepting, possessing, using, or misusing of any awarded prize or any portion thereof; 2) any type of technical failure; 3) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, phone, or Internet service; 4) unauthorized intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; 5) electronic error or human error in the Promotion administration or the processing of entries.
12. Disputes: THIS CANDY JAR GUESSING CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND COLORADO, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. The Entrant agrees, as a condition of participating in this promotion, that if any disputes cannot be resolved between the Entrant and the Sponsor, and if causes of action arise out of or are connected with this Contest, they shall be individually resolved exclusively before a court located in Colorado having jurisdiction, without resorting to any form of class action. Under no circumstances in any such dispute shall the participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). The participant waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Winners List: You may obtain a copy of the Winner’s name(s) or a copy of these Official Rules, by sending your request via mail with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: SHS Tigers Soccer, 2949 School Road, Breckenridge, CO 80424, United States. Requests must be postmarked no later than 10/31/2022
14. By participating in this contest, You, the Entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.